The Country Programme Framework (CPF) for the Republic of Armenia for 2018-2023 was signed on September 18, 2018. The CPF establishes the following priority areas for the technical cooperation with the IAEA:
1. Strengthening the national legal and regulatory infrastructure for nuclear and radiation safety and security, radioactive waste management safety, and transport safety
2. Licensing of the Armenian Nuclear Power Plant for long term operation
3. Improving environmental radiation monitoring to control water and food contamination and releases and discharges due to nuclear and radiological accidents
4. Improving medical imaging and radiotherapy services
5. Strengthening the nuclear safety, reliability and radiation protection for the lifetime extension and operation of the Armenian NPP.
Significant support is provided by the IAEA in the field of healthcare, particularly in the field of radiation oncology and radiation therapy, for personnel training and provision of diagnostic equipment.
Considerable support is provided for strengthening the regulatory capabilities of ANRA, in particular for the personnel training and retraining, strengthening the safety assessment capabilities, expert advise in the effective implementation of regulatory functions and in other directions.
The following national projects are implemented the framework of the technical cooperation with the IAEA: